A hair tattoo, commonly referred to as scalp micropigmentation, can cover bald areas or thinning hair without surgery. Small spots of pigment (color) are applied to the scalp by practitioners using small needles. This procedure can conceal bald areas or give the appearance of a shaven head.
The best way to get started with micropigmentation Ontario is to visit a salon that offers these services. You should be able to find a reputable salon online or by word of mouth. Before getting any treatments done at a salon, make sure to ask them about how long the results will last. Some salons offer maintenance sessions to keep the colors looking fresh. The cost of these sessions varies based on whether you are getting the service done once or twice a year. before starting the process, your scalp will be numbed beforehand by a topical anesthetic used by your SMP practitioner. There might, however, still be some discomfort. Your pain tolerance, however, will have a big impact on how uncomfortable you feel.
- A procedure known as scalp micropigmentation Ontario(SMP) uses a mixture of tattoo ink and special pigment particles to create a permanent pattern of coloration on the surface of your skin. SMP treatments are performed using a handheld microneedle device, which consists of a small array of tiny needles that penetrate the top layers of your skin without causing any harm or pain. Once the treatment is completed, the needle array is removed, and the area will heal over time leaving behind a natural-looking color change.
- SMP is a safe and effective way to enhance your facial features including your hairline and forehead, as well as your neck, chest, arms, hands, legs, feet, lips, cheeks, and even nail beds.
- At your first appointment, a licensed provider will take several photographs of your face for reference purposes. In addition, he/she will perform a thorough medical history evaluation to ensure that your skin condition is suitable for treatment. Then they use a specialized device to apply a custom mix of tattoo ink and pigment particles to your skin.
- After the needle array is removed, the treated area will begin healing over 5-10 days. You may experience some minor swelling at the site of the injection, but this should subside after a few days.
- As with any tattooing procedure, we advise waiting at least 2 weeks before getting your eyebrows waxed. Your first session will last approximately 30 minutes and you’ll receive two follow-up appointments spaced out 4-8 weeks apart depending on how much work you want to be done.
- The results of scalp micropigmentation Ontariovary based on the number of sessions you have and the amount of pigment applied. Most people notice an improvement in their appearance after just one to three sessions, while others require four to six sessions to achieve optimal results.
- SMP is considered an advanced cosmetic service and is generally not recommended for those who have sensitive skin or if the treatment is being performed on the face or body to enhance the sexual appeal.